Facial Cleansing & Scrubs
Adzuki Micrograin Facial Scrub
Multipurpose exfoliating organic ADZUKI BEAN micrograins gently buff away dull, dry, flaky skin.
Used in Japanese skin care regimens for centuries, Adzuki beans contain a natural foaming agent called saponin that helps cleanse pores by absorbing excess oils, removing dirt and dead skin cells, drawing out impurities, and promoting circulation.
- Silky grains exfoliate without damaging the skin
- Removing dead skin cells encourages fresh skin cell formation
- Promotes a soft smooth texture and a radiant glow
- Helps unclog pores
- Safe and gentle scrub for those prone to acne and blackheads
Our organic adzuki beans are ground at an Amish mill right here in Ohio!
Learn more about Adzuki Beans
How to Use
- Simple Facial Scrub: Place about 1/2 teaspoon of powder in your palm. Add a few drops of warm water--enough to form a paste. Apply to wet face with wet fingertips, gently scrubbing in small circles, avoiding eye area. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Optional--before drying, splash with a bit of cool water to close the pores.
The Simple Facial Scrub is great all by itself. If you like to experiment--there are many ways to use our versatile Organic Adzuki Micrograins!
- Facial Mask: In a small bowl, mix 2 to 3 tablespoons of powder with 1 to 3 teaspoons of water. Apply mixture to your face and allow the paste to remain on face until it dries a bit (about 10 minutes) and gently rinse. Fun Tip---replace the water with green tea, yogurt, pure aloe vera gel or for extra moisturizing--one of our facial oils!
- Exfoliate & Moisturize: Make a paste with the Adzuki powder and warm water. Add a dollop of your favorite Chagrin Valley moisturizer, face oil or olive oil, massage and rinse.
- Exfoliate & Cleanse: Lather your favorite Chagrin Valley Complexion Soap, our Buttery Face Wash in your hand and mix in a small amount of Adzuki powder. Wash your face and rinse.
I just love the adzuki grains because I can use them alone or make a custom scrub that is very gentle on my sensitive skin. I have been using them for about a month and find that if I use a dime size of the grains poured into my palm and worked into a paste it is enough to massage my whole face. This reasonably priced jar will last a long time. The scrub is gentle and it is not harsh like the store bought scrubs with apricot kernels or nut shells that tear at my skin or the evil plastic microbeads that pollute our oceans. My skin feels smooth and looks nice and clear after using the bean grains and I have not experienced any issues with redness or irritation. I will continue to use this product. Emily, Wyoming
The adzuki is one of my favorite scrubs. I have combination skin that is also very sensitive. I usually just make the simple scrub and it gets my skin feeling so fresh and clean without drying it specially around my nose area. I will admit it is not as easy to use as ready made scrubs, but what I like so much is that I can also make up my own recipes with the adzuki as the base like adding it to face oils or creams for a really softening scrub. I highly recommend this product. Amber, Tennessee
I just love your company. If I was going to create a company you guys would be the model. You put heart, thought and lots of knowledge into everything. I am still trying to read all of the info pages and I am amazed at all of things I have learned so far and I am still going. I am really writing about the adzuki micrograins. This is an absolutely incredible product. I usually just make your simple scrub recipe with water but I have mixed it with soap lather, yogurt, mayonnaise and even apple vinegar. One product that exfoliates, cleans, moisturizes and even tones my skin depending on the mixture I make. My skin has never looked better. While I was researching more things about the adzuki beans in the internet I found companies selling the exact same thing for soooo much more money. I found prices like $22 for 2 ounces up to $43 for one ounce and they were not even organic. I am not going to pretend to understand how companies decide on prices but this is ridiculous. So I not only thank you for all of the incredible products but also for also making them at very reasonable prices. I hope that your customers realize what a gem you guys are! My skin and purse both thank you all. Abby, Michigan
I am loving the adzuki bean micrograin a TON. I really love a good exfoliant but often find them too harsh, especially in harsh NY winters. This one I use a few times a week either mixed with the carrot soap and water or straight honey and a bit of water. It shrinks my pores and leaves very smooth looking skin. Katie, New York
My favorite complexion bar is the Neem and Tea Tree! I have had oily and acne/blackhead prone skin since I was 16! I have tried everything chemical laden over the years to get rid of it! It is now that I am 33 that my skin is starting to heal with the use of this bar. I also use the adzuki micrograin facial scrub mixed with the butter cream to exfoliate twice a week with no irritation! My skin is so smooth! I also moisturize with the whipped squalane face and eye mousse. My skin has never looked better! I wish had taken a before and after because the dark circles that I had under my eyes from those late nights studying in college and the late nights of nursing my baby have faded away thanks to this little miracle in a jar. I hope you guys never stop making these products! I am going to keep ordering as long as I am able to. I am forever grateful for all you do! May God Bless! Amanda, Mississippi